Data @ BNZ
- Data are a fundamental component of conducting research to question the response of the boreal biome to global climate change.
- The BNZ LTER program collect various types of environmental data from research locations across the boreal forest of Alaska.
- Access data through our searchable Data Catalog
- Near-real-time climate station data can be viewed through our BNZ Meteorological Data Network
- Standard weather station variables (such as temperature, precipitation and wind) are collected in addition to more comprehensive data on soil properties (temperature and moisture), and solar radiation.
- Additional data are collected for hydrology, animal populations, gas fluxes (CO2 and methane), tree growth, and plant (or vegetation) communities.